Slow down to taste Italian best Food&Wine
Now you can get a taste of Italy, without the guilt as the calories are burned off.
Our Food Lovers Experience is a superb way to explore a region rich with wine producers, amazing markets, local restaurants, farms, wine and olive oil tastings, and gelato shops under the warm sun of Italy. Add in spectacular landscapes, visceral history that dates back to the Romans and our warm hospitality and you have a perfect cycling destination.
Every day a bike tour to taste, sip and savour the best Italian Food & Wine:
- DAY 1: First ride of 65 km. You will have lunch with piadina, a thin Italian flatbread. Piadina is usually stuffed with fillings that range from Parma ham, gorgonzola and grilled vegetables to salted ricotta with caramelised figs. We will have this delicious meal in a typical street food stand with alfresco seatings.
- DAY 2: After a 35 km ride, we will arrive in Sogliano, renowned for the Formaggio di Fossa cheese. The cheese's name, which literally means "cheese of the pit", is derived from the process of ripening the cheese in special underground pits dug in tuff rock. This divine cheese is sweet at the beginning, and then it gradually becomes more and more spicy.
- DAY 3: A 65 km ride, ending with a lunch in a spectacular seaside location. We will taste creative seafood, in a lovely and original terrace restaurant, with vintage wooden furniture. You will also have the opportunity to buy unique and handmade vintage objects.
- DAY 4: A wonderful ride of 75 km to reach Bertinoro, a famous village dedicated to wine. We will visit the winery, and its incredible Wine Museum, with bottles from all over the world and from all over the centuries. Then, we will have wine tasting and lunch with typical products.
- DAY 5: A 65 km ride, with a visit to Santarcangelo. This slow village has a really fascinating atmosphere: we will taste a fresh and delicious Gelato (homemade ice cream) in the middle of a beautiful medieval square. In the afternoon, we'll have a fantastic experience: we will witness the auctioning of the fish at the local Fish Market of Cesenatico.
- DAY 6: A 75 km ride to visit Verucchio, a wonderful etruscan village, mentioned by Dante in his Divine Comedy. We will visit the Castle and the Franciscan Convent: an experience you will remember! After that, olive oil tasting and lunch in a farm, called Via degli Ulivi, The Road of Olive Trees.
Every day for 6 days a bike tour to discover 6 different places and 6 different Italian culinary treasures. You will learn about the stories and history about the Italian Food and Culture.
Leisure pace, few kilometers, small climbs, many stops and time to sightseeing: we want you to have fun!
This Experience is 24/7 Guided. This means that our guides are with you throughout, anticipating needs, translating languages, providing advice and—above all—facilitating fun.