Here’s how to observe many birds species, near to „ Oasi Costiera dei 4 Comuni”
Are you into BIRDWATCHING?
Here’s how to observe many birds species, near to „OASI COSTIERA DEI 4 COMUNI”, choosing a comfortable accomodation at Lungomare hotel, unmatched four stars hotel where you can relax experiencing nature from its position, directly on the see.
In the last years, birdwatching has become a widespread phenomenon. It gives the opportunity of watching unusual species, the bird migration, many birds migrate to reproduce, find food and survive harsh climates. Here, really close to the mouth of the Po Delta Park, it is possible to many species such as Flamingo, Spoonbil, Red Heron, Little Bittern, Hoopoe, Eurasian Bittern, Squacco Heron, Pygmy Cormorant, Common Tern, Black-headed Gull, Slender-billed Gull, Mediterranean Gull, Pied Avocet, Black-winged Stilt, Eurasian Oystercatcher, Western Marsh Harrier, Montagu's Harrier and Common Shelduck.
If you are looking for an accomodation in Cesenatico to practice birdwatching, do not miss the “green” atmosphere and the friendly welcome that characterizes the Lungomare Hotel.
Here’s why you should book here:
- few kilometres from the „OASI COSTIERA DEI 4 COMUNI“. Thanks to its position, you can walk or rent a bike available for free directly at the Hotel, so you can experience the fascination of the Nature in Romagna. If you need to go further, there will be comfortable streets to move to in few minutes.
The „Oasi costiera dei 4 comuni“– which stretch from the Pineta di Zadina to the extreme coastal limit of San Mauro Mare - offers bird watchers naturalistic observatories, the ringing station for the study on migration, the educational dunes for pioneering protection with hundreds of nest boxes and feeders, and two observation towers.
- Take your time: breakfast or brunch. from the period starting at our opening in March up to mid June and from mid September to mid October without being a slave to times and limits. Choose to have breakfast with zero kilometer fresh products, made every day by our kitchen brigade or a rich brunch, untill 16.30. And, if you prefer, ask for a packet-lunch, we will prepare it very willingly!
- green soul. At Lungomare Hotel to safeguard the Nature, we have decided to eliminate the consumption of plastic bottles and to present you with an eco-bottle which are fillable at the Drinkable Water Dispensers situated on each floor of the hotel.
Recommended itineraries: from north to south of Romagna.
- The salines of Cervia, the Natural Park of the Po Delta. The wetland allows different ways of visiting, but the main routes start from the Salina Visitor Centre.
You can access by the "nest path", equipped with shielded walkways, a turret and two birdwatching observatories. The visit is possible both on foot and by boat, and the route is about 1.5 kilometres long.
From the Visitor Centre, either on foot, by bicycle or by boat, it is also possible to reach the artisan salt pan of Camillone, where it is possible to watch the traditional manual salt collection, and to reach the farm centre to visit the salt production plants.
- From Levante to ponente. To start your birdwatching activity, we suggest you start from the Parco di Levante di Cesenatico, about 800 meters from the hotel. It has an area of 40 hectares of lawn, a wood of domestic pines, poplars, alders, oaks and shrubs. Inside there are two small lakes with fauna, including royal swans, mandarin ducks and moorhens, children's play areas, fitness trails and picnic areas.
From the Levante park, if you are not tired yet, you can go to the Ponente park, which has an area of 13 hectares of trees. Inside there are two football pitches, an entertainment and picnic area and various play areas for children.
Both parks are equipped with paths that can be covered by bike or on foot.
- The “Oasi costiera dei 4 comuni” of Cesenatico, Gatteo, San Mauro and Savignano. It represents the whole coastal area of the province of Forlì Cesena. The area is characterized by a part of Pineta, two Parks (Levante and Ponente di Cesenatico) including a lake.
Prepare your check-list with the species you wanna observe and book right away your favourite room, before it is no longer available.